Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Swim



Sunday 20 September 2009

Here we are at the Sun-Moon Lake Swim, the largest group swim in the world! This year broke records, yet again, with somewhere around 25,888 people swimming. (I say somewhere around because, what with 8 being such a lucky number here, I somehow doubt that there were exactly 25,888.) It is three kilometers from one side to the other, and those three clicks are very crowded. Luckily the water is just the right temperature and the Taiwanese are much friendlier swimmers than they are drivers! (I was considerably slowed by people noticing a foreign face in the water and wanting to chat.)

Ryan and I separated at the beginning, but an hour and a half later, climbed out at the exact same time - and I never noticed swimming near him!

It was a really fun day, and a fantastic experience, even if we both had an embarrassing week-long swim cap tan line across our foreheads afterwards!

No comments: