Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Biblioteca National


Saturday 16 September 2006

(okay, it's been a while, i know. this is due to a combination of laziness and unreliable internet. but i have taken a picture every day, i just haven't been able to post it.)

This is the National Library. You can't check books out, but I hear it is a good place to study. I wouldn't know, though, because they wouldn't let me in without a passport. Evidently, book-stealing is a popular past-time here, and they have strict security measures in place.

But I just wanted to show you all (and especially my mom) how very ugly it is. Oh, and you can't see it in this picture, but right next to where I was standing there is a great big statue of Pope John Paul the Second, who is known here as Juan Pablo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right- I can't fully appreciate the arhcitechtural subleties. I like my library better.