Sunday, July 19, 2009

American Party



Sunday 19 July 2009

Another last-minute snag today - tickets to the "American Party," for United Statesian athletes and delegates, which turned out to be pretty lame. There were only about a dozen foreigners there, for one thing, and about a hundred Taiwanese people. (I had been hoping to meet some different athletes. Well, I did meet some of the sumo wrestlers.) And for another thing, there was nothing to eat or drink. Some party.

I wanted to show this particularly Taiwanese phenomenon, though. Incredibly organized groups of kindergarten children doing complex choreography is a staple entertainment at these kinds of things. And at kindergarten graduations, as it turns out. I am personally planning and choreographing a dance like this one for my class of three-year-olds right now. You know what three-year-olds are bad at? Complex dances.

No comments: