Monday, March 19, 2007

Calligrapher



Monday 19 March 2007

So, I was sitting in the park today between classes, looking through books and lesson plans, when this guy comes up and asks me if I'm a student. I tell him what I do here, and he tells me that he is professional calligrapher, the oldest one in Argentina. He goes on to lament that I can't see the Argentina of his youth, as nothing works right anymore and kids these days get into all kinds of trouble. Also, everyone has bad handwriting nowadays. These facts seemed to be somehow related.

But he was really sweet and friendly and was interested in hearing where I was from (a rarity in itself here). It's always nice to meet someone new.

Funny though, he insisted on giving me his contact information, in case I needed anything while I'm here, and wrote it in my planner. I looked at it later, and couldn't read his name, because it was so fancily done!

No comments: