Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Gullet


Wednesday 30 May 2007

One of the less-pleasant parts of living in a foreign country is having to get foreign haircuts. In Taiwan, this was a very risky operation, especially for girls, as Asian hair is extremely different than curly/wavey western hair.

Here, you know the stylist knows how to handle your hair, but there is still the question of fashion. In Argentina, the mullet is extremely popular. I would say 70% of all males have some form of mullet, from the full-blown, to hockey hair, to just a little too long in the back to be good-looking.

Unfortunately, this long-in-the-back-but-short-on-the-sides look extends to girls. I got my hair cut recently, and this is what resulted. You will notice that one side is considerable longer than the other. Don't worry, my head is balanced, but the problem is that he cut the sides extremely short, but left the long layer in the back really long. I'm tempted to get it re-done, but that would mean chopping off an awful lot. I've been growing this hair forever, and don't know if I can stand such a set-back.

So, in the meantime I have an Argentine girl mullet, or gullet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you could trust Ryan with the scissors. And seeing as he's the artistic type, it should work. I mean, how much worse could it get?
Mom

Anonymous said...

wowzers! your hair is so long!
jb