Tuesday, July 10, 2007

SNOW!!!!



Tuesday 10 July 2007

I was so on the ball yesterday, that I posted my picture by mid-afternoon. And see what happens when I am up-to-date? I miss amazing photo opportunities!

Shortly after I posted yesterday, it started to snow! Yes, snow, in Buenos Aries! This has not happened in about 90 years! It is extremely rare for the temperature to even drop below freezing. Everyone was out and about, amazed by the snow. For most of the people here, it was the first time they'd ever even seen snow.

It had been nearly 5 years since I'd seen snow, although I was perfectly happy to keep that count going. And it was certainly the first time I've seen it snow in July!

EDIT: I would just like to add that although the snow didn't stick at all in the city, and only collected a few inches for a couple of hours in the suburbs, and was completely and totally gone the next day, the airport canceled all international flights for 24 hours. And, although the snow came and went on a holiday, over a hundred schools canceled classes the next day because of the "extreme cold." I figured you guys up in Michigan and Canada would get a kick out of that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Christie, for making me laugh on a rather warm and rainy German summer day. I enjoy your daily blog very much. Keep on going! Cross cultural insights are priceless!