Saturday, September 15, 2007

Pablo and the puma


Saturday 15 September 2007

Today we went out to the Reserva Experimental Horco Molle, a nature reserve just outside the city that takes care of orphaned animals and tries to release as many as possible back into the wild. This is Pablo, our very informative guide, with one of their two pumas (the friendly one, as you can see).

It was a fun trip, but what was really neat for me was being able to ask any question I wanted, being able to talk to the people who worked there, being able to speak the local language. We were always able to communicate the basics in Asia, but an inability to ask questions often frustrated me. On our trip around South America, Ryan and I won't be left wondering what's going on or what that thing is over there or why this or who that. I absolutely can't wait to travel like this, to ask my questions and talk to the people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, that pussycat definitly gets to be the boss in the house!!!!!!!!!
GLenn