Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Butterfly


Tuesday 23 January 2007

Okay, this is the second time that Ryan and I have, at different times and at different places in the city, taken a picture of the same thing. (The last time was on Thursday the 18th, when we saw the same march, him at the beginning, and me at the end.) Today we both took a picture of the same species of butterfly (or moth?), although you should really go check out his. It was on a mirror, so is reflected, and looks like it's floating in space. (http://birdseyeview.aminus3.com/)

I was actually really tempted not to put mine up, as his is far better, but I was so proud of myself of taking such a clear, close shot of an insect. And, my other pictures, of the cool old central post office, were all blurry. So, here ya go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very glad you decided to put the picture up as it IS a keeper as well. While Ryan's pic is excellent as well due to the luck of capturing on a mirror (we should all be so lucky!)yours shows the butterfly in a more natural setting and by it's own nature a keeper.
GLenn

Theatremaking Theatregoer said...

that's a great pic! I love how you can see the grain of the wood. how do you people get so close to butterflies without them flutterbying away? is it secret lens powers or 007 stealth?

Fannorama said...

Jenny,

Actually, it was just a super-patient butterfly. Or perhaps a very stupid one. Or maybe it was dead, I'm not sure. Any other insect would have run long before this one did.