Thursday, January 11, 2007

Self Portrait 3



Thursday 11 January 2007

I thought this was a pretty door, an okay picture, but I put it up because a funny story comes with it. I was standing in front of this door for five minutes or so, trying different things with my camera, trying to get myself into the picture, mostly taking them from my hip angled up, so I didn't have a picture of myself with camera in front of face. Then, as I continued on to my class down the block, I realized that I was standing just a few doors down from the garage where there are always a few prostitutes standing on the sidewalk. They were all looking at me strangely, as if they thought I had been trying to sneakily take pictures of them and was perhaps really bad at being sneaky. I was quite embarrassed as I walked past them on my way to class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to see that small town girl peek out from behind the polished world traveler.