Sunday, November 04, 2007

Church in Paysandú


Sunday 4 November 2007
As it's Sunday, I thought a picture of a big fancy South American church might be nice. This one is pretty darn old and ornamentated, and even survived a canonball attack during the war with the Brazilians. (I think. It might have been the Argentines. They both attacked this city, as well as the Spanish a bit earlier.)
And Ryan and I have found, the hard way, that we really have to plan Sundays as days of rest or travel or catching up, as NOTHING is open on Sundays down here. Absolutely nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pal, im from Paysandu. My city was attacked by the Brazilians in 1864, and the curch (brand new on those days) was totaly destroyed. If you wish, I can send you many more pictures of our churh, I also have plenty of pictures of the church after the attack in 1865. My email address is mfernandes@adinet.com.uy
Just send me an email if you are interested on those pictures. Bye