Thursday, November 01, 2007

Puma water!


Thursday 1 November 2007
This is Ryan, trying to kiss a puma. No, you're right, he's not trying to kiss it, he's trying to drink its spit.
You see, Ryan and I went up to the Parque Salus today, just outside of Minas, which is where they brew the local beer, Patricia, and where they bottle the most common Uruguayan spring water. This is the spring, right here, coming out of the puma's mouth.
There is a ledgend that says that long long ago a puma discovered this spring, and decided to stay here and guard it. Today the puma is long gone, although they say that sometimes you can still see its shadow disappearing into the forest. Drinking this water is supposed to give you the strength and vitality of a puma, and it has curative powers. Well, I drank some today, so let's hope the blister on my toe miraculously goes away!

1 comment:

Ingbjasa said...

My father's uncle named Ananias
Sagen, left Norway 1920 and seat-
tled in Avalleneda. He leved there
but get killed by a train 1924,
12th og July 1924 and burried
there 15th og july sane year.

I hvae never been to Argentina,
but I should do that trip.

Truls Sagen
(ingbjasa@online.no)