Sunday, October 29, 2006

Chivito



Saturday 28 October 2006

Ryan and I went to Uruguay today (it's right across the river) to renew our visas. While there, we just had to try chivitos, a customary Uruguayan dish. Basically, what we were served is this: grilled beef, which is then covered in bacon, smothered in cheese, topped with ham, and finally a fried egg. This was served on top of a dish of some kind of potato salad, french fries, and lettuce and tomatoes (to make it healthy). It was DELICIOUS.

1 comment:

Theatremaking Theatregoer said...

My goodness! I can hear the arteries a cloggin! Better drink plenty of red wine for medicinal purposes.

I was just telling someone today about an old greasy spoon in the town I went to college in that specialized in burgers with bacon, cheese and a fried egg. Their dessert was two Krispy Kreme donuts with ice cream and half a bar of Hershey's between them, the whole thing dipped in batter and deep fried, and topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and a cherry. I've always regretted never eating there at least once, just to say I survived.

Muchos Smoochos!