Monday, June 25, 2007

The Tooth . . . Mouse?


Monday 25 June 2007

This is the Ratón Perez, who is the Argentine equivalent of the tooth fairy. He is a mouse that creeps into children's rooms at night and replaces the teeth under their pillows with money. I asked my Spanish teacher Emiliano what happens if the house has mouse traps, but he was a little vague on that point.

This is a poster of a kids' movie made about the Ratón Perez (which, by the way, just means the Mouse Perez, which is a surname. I will try to find out where this comes from.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing
Glenn

lee said...

Hey! We had the Tooth Mouse in South Africa when I was a kid... Brad tells me it's creepy and won't believe me:)
We also had the fairy chick, but the mouse left more money;) And the Tooth Mouse never gets caught in a trap... he's not your run of the mill stupid house mouse - he exchanges teeth for money!
Happy day.
Lee ann