Sunday, June 17, 2007

Window, or Many Lines, or Blue, or Untitled



Sunday 17 June 2007

This picture actually was taken today. I was feeling a bit better, so Ryan and I decided to finally visit MALBA, el Museo de Arte Latino de Buenos Aires, something that's been on our list for a long time now. (This picture is from the lobby.)

It was a nice museum, not too big, not too small, mostly pretty modern, and there were two exhibits I could play with. (Hands-on art is my favorite.)

One thing we noticed, however, was that many of the works had more than one title. In fact, some had three or four titles! I don't know if this is a South-American thing, or if these were just particularly indecisive artists, but it struck me as very odd. In fact, there were a couple of paintings that had one or two titles, and then were also titled "Untitled." I don't know how that works.

No comments: